Each deck is a send-up of a different genre, and Skippy the Wonder Dog appears in every deck. (As does - Is that a tentacle?). I ordered the latest release, Silent But Deadly NIght, sight unseen, though I was a little troubled that it cost more than any of the other decks had*.
It arrived yesterday, and now I see why it's a little more. Besides the usual two packs of cards and instructions, it's packed in a custom holiday tin, with a tiny plush "Skippy the Wonder Dog" ornament.
Guess what' I'm taking to the New Year's Party (along with the Dr. Horrible Sing Along Blog DVD, of course).
*Point of reference - the decks are:
- Grave Robbers From Outer Space (2001)
- Cannibal Pygmies in the Jungle of Doom (2002)
- Kung Fu Samurai on Giant Robot Island (2003)
- Grave Robbers from Outer Space 2: Skippy's Revenge (2003)
- Bell-Bottomed Badassses on the Mean Streets of Funk (2004)
- Berserker Halflings from the Dungeon of Dragons (2005)
- Scurvy Musketeers of the Spanish Main (2006)
- Bushwhackin' Varmints out of Sergio's Butte (2007)
- Silent But Deadly Night (2008)